Friday, August 7, 2009

Will my hair blow dryer/straightener (from USA) work in Sweden


Will my hair blow dryer/straightener (from USA) work in Sweden?
I'm going on vacation to Sweden in a week weeks, and I'm wondering if my blow dryer and hair straightener (that I bought here in the US) will work there, with the different power and plugs and such? And what would I have to buy to get them to work there? I know you can buy a plug adaptor thing that will make it fit into the outlet there, but what about the different voltage?
Packing & Preparation - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
if you have an adaptor plug it should work well. my english GHDs worked in germany and spain. :)
2 :
You would need an adaptor, as an American plug would not fit in a Swedish socket. I do not know if such an adaptor is easy too obtain in the US, but there should be no problem in Sweden, e g Kjell & Company, with 40 stores in Sweden, carry one for SEK 89 (approx USD 11). Voltage in Sweden is 230 V AC 50 Hz (som older installations electric razors in bathrooms for have 115 V). Many appliances are able to work with 110–240 V and 50–60 Hz. Usually voltage limits are written on appliances. Do not guess! Equipment not approved for 230 V should only be used with a transformer.