Friday, October 21, 2011

How much money will I need to live in Sundsvall Sweden for a year without working


How much money will I need to live in Sundsvall Sweden for a year without working?
I want to move to Sundsvall, Sweden from the United Kingdom and I am wondering how much money I need for a year without work. I am planning on getting a 1 bedroom flat. need to pay for food, bills and rent and things for my self (within reason of course). Any help given in £ will be great ^^. Thanks to all those that answer me :)
Other - Europe - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I did a flat check for Sundsvall on the Swedish site blocket: http://www.blocket.se Everything is in Swedish, but if you want to check it yourself, choose Västernorrland, then Lägenheter, Uthyres, and put Min/Max antal rum to 2 (2 rooms=1 bedroom in Sweden). Prices range 3500-6000kr, with an average of 4500kr. There is no council tax. A 100mb internet connection + telephone can be found for under 300kr. If you want cable television, add another 300kr/month and about 2000kr/year for a television licence. http://www.bredbandsbolaget.se/wps/portal/privat/bredband?page=new&WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/wps/wcm/connect/b2/privat/bredband/bredband100_lan Utility bills have gone up since I last lived there, but in previous years they averaged about 600kr/month for a 1-bedroom flat. 1000/month should be a safe budget. 2000kr should be enough for food shopping, it depends on your habits. About 500kr for a transportation card. 2000+ for personal expenses. So, my estimate is minimum 11000kr/month to live comfortably enough. That's about £850, or £10200/year. You'll probably need a bit extra to get started, since you'll most likely have to furnish the flat yourself. Ads that say möblerad are furnished, omöblerad are not. Blocket is a good place to find cheap (used) furniture, or you can do what the students do and take a trip to IKEA.