Thursday, June 7, 2012

How is Taxation in Sweden


How is Taxation in Sweden?
Hi, I have been working in Sweden for the last 5 months and I'm supposed to leave by January 2009. But, I wish I could stay for a longer time. As per the information I have, I'm tax free for a period of 6 months in Sweden. I'm paying my taxes in my home country. I want to know if I stay here in Sweden for a period longer than 6 months what will be my tax liability. Even though I will fall under taxation of Sweden if I stay in Sweden for more than 6 months, I want to know how the tax will be calculated. Will it be calculated right from the day I landed in Sweden or from the day when my period of stay of 6 months got over. Please help. Best Regards Anand
Other - Taxes - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Higher than most any place else in the world.
2 :
They take about half of your income but they provide so many social services that the residents don't complain. You are not taxed on the tax-free period..