Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Im an American with a valid passport.My Mom is from Sweden. How can I get a dual passport from Sweden? Thanks


Im an American with a valid passport.My Mom is from Sweden. How can I get a dual passport from Sweden? Thanks?
What do I need to do to get a Swedish passport in addition to my US passport? I plan to work and live in Sweden in 2007.
Netherlands - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
cool your from sweden. im swedish but not from sweden. my grandpa came here from sweden when he was 17. i have no idea what you would need to do. i would say call the us embasssy or something. buy he if you wanna chat im me.
2 :
Contact the Swedish embassy. I don't know if they'll allow dual citizenship. However, why do you need a Swedish passport? You can use your American one and still work in Sweden.
3 :
Is your mom's swedish citizenship active? If yes, she needs to apply with the swedish embassy for swedish citizenship for you. They have a process called notification. She needs to prove her citizenship and your birth.
4 :
Well,try going to an embassy.they might give it to you if you have a sweedish nationality from your mother.