Monday, May 7, 2012

I heard some Christians saying that America was founded on Judeo-Christian morals


I heard some Christians saying that America was founded on Judeo-Christian morals?
But didn't the first Christians that came to America steal the country from the (pagan) native Americans, is stealing a Christian virtue? And wasn't the country found on Native American principles before it became Christian, is it not time for change again? Maybe secularism isn't so bad, I mean it is working for Sweden and most other countries in Western Europe, so why not in the USA?
Religion & Spirituality - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
GOD IS REAL JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his nameĆ¢€™s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
2 :
I suppose after all the only real excuse for slavery was that god said it was ok.
3 :
>>But didn't the first Christians that came to America steal the country from the (pagan) native Americans<< No, this is historically inaccurate. The first Christians came to America for trade purposes.
4 :
The USA was founded on Christianity, the same way Canada was founded on Scientology.
5 :
No it was not. Also the Indians did not lose America until the 1800's. Which they where never compensated for. And probably never will be since America is going Bankrupt very soon. God Bless Ya, Chicago Bob imasinner There is more joy in Jesus in one day. Than there is in the World 365/24/7 I know, I tried them both.
6 :
That is a lie perpetrated by Christians so they can excuse the fact that this land was stolen from the Native Americans. They will insist that the Natives were savage pagan beasts and that God gave them the rights to this land. They will insist that one can not be moral without worshiping the judaeo-Islamic-Christian God (of course they refuse to acknowledge that Islam worships that God but that is for another discussion). They will insist the the 10 commandments are the only moral compass that exists. They refuse to learn history so that they can ignore the fact the Code of Hammurabi predates the 10 commandments by hundreds of years. They also ignore the fact that th US was founded on the principals of Separation of Church and state and that many of the founding fathers were not Christian or belongs to extremely liberal denominations that were not recognized or accepted by more conservative denominations.